Sundays, the Lord's Day, have become known as a day of rest. Mark reminds us of the words of Jesus to the disciples when they were overwhelmed with the coming and goings around them: “Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest.” (Mark 6:31)
Ronnie Naidoo in a recent post reminds us of some activities to be involved in while resting today.
• Recharge your strength
• Recover from the exhaustion of the past week's activities
• Reflect on God and His goodness towards you
• Recuperate from illness/stress
• Refocus for the week ahead
• Remember to thank God for His hand on you and your family
Have a restful Sunday.