Today we celebrate what Jesus spoke of as recorded by Luke. "I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high.” (Luke 24:49) "The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call.” (Acts 2:39)
The person and work of Holy Spirit, the third person of the Triune God, is important in the life of a follower of Christ.
• When we are saved we are sealed with Holy Spirit. "And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, (Ephesians 1:13)
• Helps in our weakness and Intercedes for us. "In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans." (Romans 8:26)
• Guides to all truth and knowledge of what Is to come. "But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come." (John 16:13)
• Gives spiritual gifts to followers of Christ. (see 1 Corinthians 12:7-11)
• Helps, teaches and reminds. "But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you." (John 14:26)
Let's focus on the fulfilled promise of Jesus as we celebrate the Day of Pentecost.
Mike and Daphne