We are all faced with trying to fit everything into our daily schedules. Life gets so busy. Here we are 20 days short of being in the middle of the year, already. It seems like just the other day we were wishing everybody a happy new year.
Recently I, Mike, read that we all need to pause. This is true when we spend time with the Lord in our quiet times.
• Prepare your heart. Quieten yourself down as you come to Him.
• Ask God to speak to you. Have an expectancy that He will.
• Unpack the Scriptures. Don't merely read the Word. Ask God to bring it to life for you.
• Summarize the portion of scripture. This helps bring focus.
• Exercise the application of the Word. James exhorts us to be doers of the Word, not merely hearers, or in this case, merely readers.
Once we have taken time to PAUSE, we may pour out our hearts to Him and make our requests known to Him.
Have a friendly Friday.
Mike and Daphne.