Much of what our loving Father does in our lives happens as a result of us putting our faith in Him.
Some folk have difficulty receiving from God, notwithstanding what He has for each of us is good and perfect, as James reminds us. "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." (James 1:17)
We need to:
• Press in and receive what He has for us.
• We all have our unique experience of God. Let Him continue to work in you.
• Receive by faith (not by feeling).
• Take risks. When God, through Holy Spirit, gives us spiritual gifts we need to risk in using the gift. John Wimber says we spell faith - RISK.
• Be persistent. If we want what God has for us today, we must keep pressing in to God. Elisha set a high value on persistence. "Elijah said to Elisha, “Stay here; the Lord has sent me to Bethel.” But Elisha said, “As surely as the Lord lives and as you live, I will not leave you.” So they went down to Bethel." (2 Kings 2:2)
• Trust God. Receive as a child. God places a high value on simplicity and trust. God is going to give us the desires of our heart when we come in childlike faith.
As we go into the new week, let's not put off till tomorrow to receive what God has for us. Receive it by faith, today.
Mike and Daphne