With the outpouring of Holy Spirit the Church was born. About 3000 people repented and turned to God and received Holy Spirit.
These people were transformed. Their lives were changed forever.
• They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. (Acts 2:42)
• All the believers were together and had everything in common. (Acts 2:44)
• They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need. (Acts 2:45)
• Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. (Acts 2:46a)
• They broke bread in their homes (Acts 2:46b)
• They had meals together with glad and sincere hearts. (Acts 2:46c)
Now that is an amazing transformation. This was evidence of the transforming power of Holy Spirit in lives yielded to God through Jesus Christ.
This same power is ours in Christ through Holy Spirit. "And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you." (Romans 8:11)
Let us together resolve to emulate these first Believers in their response to being followers of Christ.
Have a good week.
Mike and Daphne